Performance Video Advertising Approach
Video advertising refers to the display of promotional content in video format on various digital platforms, while pre-roll advertising specifically refers to video ads that play before the viewer’s chosen content, especially on platforms like YouTube. These advertising strategies serve as effective tools for reaching a wide audience, enhancing brand visibility, and driving consumer engagement.
Key benefits include:
Engagement: Video content tends to be more engaging than text or images, often leading to higher interaction rates.
Brand Recall: Videos, especially ones that tell a story or invoke emotions, are more memorable, leading to higher brand recall.
Targeted Reach: Both video and pre-roll ads allow for precise targeting, ensuring your ads reach the most relevant audience.
NuSpark Founder Paul Mosenson’s expertise in both the creative and analytical aspects of advertising enables him, working with the creative team, to blend compelling messaging with strategic placement, optimizing for both reach and impact.
Our Media Approach to Video Advertising
Digital video advertising, especially on platforms like YouTube, is a key part of a marketing strategy. It can help businesses reach their target audiences more effectively, drive engagement, increase brand awareness, and improve conversion rates. Here’s an example of a comprehensive digital video advertising strategy we manage:
Your Audience: Understand your target audience well. This involves knowing their age, location, interests, what types of content they consume, and when they are most active. This step is essential because it will dictate how your advertisements are designed, the message they carry, and when and where they are shown.
Your Objective: Determine what you aim to achieve with the video ad campaign. Are you trying to raise awareness for a new product or service? Are you trying to increase sales for an existing product? Setting a clear goal will help you design your campaign more effectively and allow you to measure its success.
Your Creative: The video content itself should be high quality and engaging. The first few seconds are crucial to grab the viewer’s attention. Try to keep the message clear, concise, and compelling. Storytelling can be very effective in engaging audiences. Our team of Creative Directors, coupled with AI tools, can creat multiple versions of ads at scale, for testing and optimization.
Pre-Roll Ads: Pre-roll ads are short videos that play before the viewer’s chosen content. They are a popular ad format on YouTube and other video platforms. To ensure pre-roll ads are effective, they must be catchy and appealing right from the start, as viewers may have the option to skip the ad after the first 5 seconds.
Targeting Strategy: Use your audience data to target your ads effectively. You can target by demographics, location, interests, and even specific behaviors. Retargeting involves reaching out again to users who have already interacted with your ads or brand, which can increase the chances of conversion.
Call-To-Action (CTA): Your video ad should always include a clear and compelling call-to-action. This can be anything from visiting a website to buying a product or signing up for a newsletter.
Testing and Analytics: Always test different versions of your video ads to see which performs best. Use analytics to measure the success of your ads based on your pre-determined campaign objectives. This is where AI comes in, to create variations for testing.
Ad Placement: It’s not just about creating great video content, it’s also crucial to strategically place your ads. With YouTube, for instance, you can choose to place your ads before a video (pre-roll), during the video (mid-roll), or after the video (post-roll). The type of ad placement you choose will largely depend on your target audience and campaign objectives.
Besides a robust and targeted media placement strategy, to have an effective advertising campaign on YouTube or using pre-roll ads, both the creative strategy (how the ad looks, sounds, and feels) and the offer strategy (what you’re promising or giving to the viewer) should be well-planned and executed. Below is our approach to these strategies:
1. Engage from the Start: Your video needs to capture the viewer’s attention within the first few seconds. This could be achieved through stunning visuals, interesting questions, shocking statistics, or a strong statement that resonates with your audience.
2. Telling a Story: Humans naturally connect with stories. Create a narrative that is compelling and engaging. It could be a customer success story, a behind-the-scenes look at your company, or a narrative around how your product or service solves a problem.
3. Brand Consistency: Make sure that your video aligns with your brand’s voice, style, and messaging. This creates a consistent experience for your audience, which can enhance brand recognition and trust.
4. High-Quality Production: Ensure your video is high-quality, with good lighting, clear audio, and professional editing. Poor production quality can negatively impact viewer perceptions of your brand. We’ll help you to make videos that are powerful. And a bit of AI to save costs!
1. Include a Clear CTA: Your call-to-action (CTA) could be asking viewers to visit your website, subscribe to your YouTube channel, make a purchase, or sign up for an exclusive offer. Make sure it’s clear, concise, and compelling.
2. Promotions or Discounts: Offering a special discount or promotional offer can incentivize viewers to take immediate action. Make sure any promotional offer is clearly communicated and easy for viewers to redeem.
3. Free Trials or Demos if B2B: For software or service-based businesses, offering a free trial or demo can be an effective way to get potential customers to engage with your brand.
4. Time-Sensitive Offers: Limited-time offers can create a sense of urgency and encourage viewers to take immediate action.