Direct Mail Marketing & Measurement
Benefits of Direct Mail
- Tangible and Personal: Unlike digital marketing methods, direct mail allows you to physically reach your target audience. People can hold, touch, and engage with your marketing materials, creating a tactile and personal experience. This can help establish a stronger emotional connection with your brand.
- High Visibility: Direct mail has a higher chance of being noticed compared to email or online advertisements, which can easily get lost in the cluttered digital space. When recipients receive a physical piece of mail, they are more likely to at least glance at it, increasing the visibility of your message.
- Targeted Approach: Direct mail allows for precise targeting of specific demographics or customer segments. You can refine your mailing list based on factors such as geographic location, income level, purchasing behavior, or other relevant criteria. This precision targeting helps ensure that your message reaches the right people, increasing the likelihood of a positive response.
- Personalization Opportunities: Direct mail offers ample opportunities for personalization. You can customize each piece of mail with the recipient’s name, address, and even tailor the content to their specific interests or preferences. Personalization helps create a more meaningful and relevant experience, leading to higher engagement rates.
- Higher Response Rates: Direct mail often generates higher response rates compared to digital marketing channels. The tangible nature of direct mail, combined with personalization and targeted messaging, can grab the recipient’s attention and evoke a response. Response rates can be further improved by including incentives like coupons, discounts, or special offers.
- Measurability: Direct mail campaigns can be tracked and measured to evaluate their effectiveness. By using unique codes, phone numbers, or dedicated landing pages, you can monitor the response rates, conversions, and return on investment (ROI) of your direct mail efforts. This data enables you to fine-tune your campaigns and improve future marketing strategies.
- Less Competition: With the increasing reliance on digital marketing, direct mail stands out as a less crowded channel. While email inboxes are flooded with promotional messages, physical mailboxes are relatively less cluttered. This provides an opportunity to capture the attention of your target audience with less competition for their time and focus.
- Brand Familiarity: Direct mail can help build brand familiarity and recognition. Repeated exposure to your brand through consistent direct mail campaigns can leave a lasting impression on recipients, increasing the likelihood of them choosing your products or services when the need arises.
It’s important to note that the success of a direct mail campaign depends on various factors, including the quality of your mailing list, design, and messaging. A well-planned and executed direct mail campaign can yield significant benefits and complement your overall marketing efforts.
Direct Mail Considerations
If needed, our team will assist with the following planning considerations.
Planning Your Direct Mail Campaign
– Setting Objectives: Define clear goals and objectives for your direct mail campaign, whether it’s generating leads, driving sales, or increasing brand awareness.
– Budgeting: Gain insights into budgeting considerations and cost-effective strategies to ensure a successful and cost-efficient campaign.
– Design and Creativity: Explore tips and best practices for creating visually appealing and attention-grabbing direct mail pieces that leave a lasting impression.
Execution and Implementation
– Print and Production: Get familiar with the printing and production processes involved in direct mail advertising, from choosing paper quality to selecting the right printing technique.
– Mailing List Acquisition: Discover various methods to acquire accurate and up-to-date mailing lists that align with your target audience.
– Timing and Frequency: Learn how to optimize the timing and frequency of your mailings to increase response rates and maintain recipient engagement.
Measuring and Optimizing Results
– Tracking and Analytics: Explore different tracking methods and analytical tools to measure the effectiveness of your direct mail campaign and gain valuable insights for future improvements.
– A/B Testing: Understand the importance of A/B testing in direct mail advertising and how it can help you refine your messaging, design, and targeting strategies.
– ROI Evaluation: Learn how to calculate the return on investment (ROI) of your direct mail campaigns to determine their overall success and make informed decisions for future investments.
We provide two different types of Direct Mail. We would mix and match the type to best fit the audience and program goals.
Automated Direct Mail
- Triggered mailing programs that use repeatable data feeds to mail cards with daily, weekly, or monthly cadence
- Quantity mailed per day, week, or month is variable based on the data feed and the budget
- The data and creative are approved prior to launch, and then the program runs automatically
- Changes can be made to the creative with notice, and allows for testing different ideas while the program is ongoing
- Price per piece includes data, setup, printing and postage, and is billed once per week for daily and weekly programs or once per month for monthly
Takes advantage of First-Class postage rates for faster delivery to audience
Traditional Direct Mail
- One-off mailings that tie directly to the list quantity
- List, creative is approved prior to mailing and usually mails 3-5 days after approval
- Price per piece is line-itemed to show price for printing, mailing services, lists, and postage
- Can take advantage of Standard mail rates which are less expensive but take a longer delivery time
Examples of Tracking Executions We Can Manage With You
Unique Phone Number Tracking
Vanity URL Tracking
QR Code Tracking
What? Direct Mail Retargeting?
Direct Mail retargeting is a marketing tactic that combines the strategy of digital retargeting with the proven power of Direct Mail. In other words, instead of digital ads the consumer is retargeted with a postcard in the mail. The primary aim of this approach is to re-engage potential customers who have previously visited your website and interacted with your brand or business online but have not yet made a purchase or taken the desired action.
In Direct Mail Retargeting, businesses track the online behavior of their website visitors, such as browsing products, adding items to the cart, or visiting specific pages. When these potential customers leave the website without converting, the business uses their contact information, such as a physical mailing address, to send them targeted Direct Mail pieces, like brochures, catalogs, or promotional offers.
We Use the Best Data for Audience Planning
- Our household consumer data is best in class, as good as or better than what’s available to Fortune 1000 companies.
- We hand-pick the most influential and predictive indicators that provide the best lift for your direct mail campaign.
- Since we’re “data agnostic,” if two variables are interchangeable in terms of predictive value, we’ll use the one that incurs the lower usage cost.
- We maintain a complete promotional history database to determine the optimal number of touches before resting. Learning is shared and ongoing.
- We provide a turnkey, done-for-you solution that includes copy/graphic design, printing, distribution, postage, data, reporting, and campaign management.
- We are happy to work with your in-house or designated copy/graphic design resources.
- We prepare a detailed schedule and update it regularly to keep project team members up to date.
- Like any marketing channel, Direct Mail requires testing, trial and error – and patience. We’ll always be straightforward and forthright.
Examples of some of the other channels we can help plan and execute